Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hope

Last year mid December, my friend invited me to a hiking trip again. She told me, "This time, we are going to Hope." "What?" "The name of the hiking place is Hope." "O?!! 天下奇名無奇不有啊。" Well, I must say at least it is a very positive and motivated place name.

And yes, I did go with them and was really enjoyed the time away from the city again. We took a train from Manchester Piccadilly Station and about an hour journey, we reached this little small town (Hope) in british countryside. 

Some of the photos I took (showing down here) and again was very impressed with the beautiful mother nature. 


Even the tree are 光溜溜, the whole picture still looks really nice. 
I can't imagine when it is at the spring or summer time. 


In case anyone interested in this place, the full name is Hope Valley, Derbyshire. I google "Hope and UK" a moment ago and realized there are quite a few places also named Hope.

Towards the end of the hiking trip, I did something very silly. I nearly killed myself with an attractive but also very poisonous "fruit". I picked up a few blood red berry-kind fruits and put in the mouth. I was very lucky indeed because right after I had my first bite, my friend noticed it and immediately asked me to throw out or vomit if I can. Very lucky that I did not swallow it because afterwards, they told me, there is a very poisonous fruit that looks very similar to what I had. How stupid I am, this is kind of like common sense and general knowledge. First, I shouldn't have eaten any food that I have no knowledge at all in a jungle like place. Second, the fruits that especially appeared to be extremely attractive are often poisonous, natural selection, to attract their predator! Well, this incident has taught me a very good lesson and I think it will stay in my mind for a very long time. Looking at this way, probably it is a good thing, at least I am still alive now.

Cheers :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment